Hi!

My name is Mellie, and I love Sydney. Actually, I would go as far as saying I am IN LOVE with Sydney!!! You see, I moved here from Brisbane just over a year ago to be with my wonderful boyfriend Chris, and to try out a new career path. As a newby in this big city I didn't really know the funky places to eat and drink, or where to find the best shopping, or all the different activities that Sydney has to offer. But over the last year I am making an effort to try and find them one by one!!! I have now made some great friends who I go on cultural outings and pay day drinks with, I go on delicious dinners and Sunday adventures with Chris, and spend Mellie time investigating secret walking tracks. Everytime I go somewhere new I think to myself, I wish someone had told me about this place. With this blog, I hope to share the places I go with you so you can fall inlove with this amazing city too!!! enjoy...







Saturday 2 July 2011

Three strikes and your out ZARA!

Like every  girl who has come across ZARA in their travels overseas, I was super excited when I heard ZARA was coming to Sydney!! Finally an affordable option to "trendy" clothes,,, yey. I managed to postpone my first ZARA visit until quite a few weeks after it opened as I heard the queues were ridiculous, but after a good month or so I finally convinced Chris that we should go check out the new Westfield (omitting that the reason was to go shopping in ZARA). But once we finally got in to the shop, my first experience was less than impressive! PEOPLE everywhere, it completely sucked the shopping spirit out of me, there were queues to get in, queues to try on clothes and queues to buy them. I was out as quick as I was in. But I didn't give up and secretly planned in my head that my next visit would be on one of my RDOs - surely it would be much better when it wasn't so busy!

I hate to say it but the second time round was just a disappointing! My friend Kia visited from Brisbane this weekend which was the perfect opportunity to take an RDO and to show off the wonderful Sydney shopping to an inter-state guest. I talked up ZARA the whole train ride in, creating my shopping list in my head (black tailored shorts to wear out, cute but quirky heels... blah blah blah). Going on a weekday was definitely a good idea, but walking around the shop, I still felt uninspired. Lots of bright colors and seemingly cool cuts, but don't let that hood-wink you, on closer inspection it was all pretty boring. And I don't know if I am just being picky, but I felt the quality just wasn't as good as other ZARAs I have been in??


One day pretty bag...
I tried on a few pairs of pants but they were all put back and Kia tried on nothing! So there had to be something wrong... I must say though that the accessories were a highlight and I found many a pair of shoes that I would like to have owned (finally some different styles to the carbon copies found in every shoe store chain in Australia), and this absolutely beautiful clutch that I just fell in love with, but because of my bad mood after not finding any clothes I just couldn't be bothered getting it (plus it was 200 bucks).

I don't know what it was this time, whether I had just hyped it up too much in my head, or wasn't in the shopping frame of mind, but I will give it one more go in the next few months, maybe the summer stock. Then, if it still isn't any good, I am going to have to let go of my Australian Zara obsession and just wait till I go back to London again....






No comments:

Post a Comment